ROCKDEEP RAX Nganga
- Brand: ROCKDEEP
- Availability: Out Of Stock
ROCKDEEP RAX Nganga (formerly Storm Trooper) Mens sizing
- These appear to run a .5 size big.
- Size 12's are known to fit size 13 feet.
- Don't push it if you are a size 13.5
- Athletic Shoe Type: Trail Running & Training
- Gender: Unisex
- Outsole Material: Rubber
- Upper Material: Mesh
- Closure Type: Lace-Up
- Release Date: Summer 2019
- Fit: Fits true to size, take your normal size
- Applicable Place: Hard Court
- Technology: TORSION
- Model Number: 91-5C485
- Shoes Outdoor Sports: Training and Trail Running
Nganga is a Kikongo language term for herbalist or spiritual healer in many African societies and also in many societies of the African diaspora such as those in Haiti, Brazil, and Cuba. It is derived from *-ganga in proto-Njila, an early branch of the Bantu family. The verb form related to it, -gang- relates to wisdom, knowledge and skill. As this term is a multiple reflex of a Proto-Bantu root, there are slight variations on the term throughout the entire Bantu-speaking world.
In the Kingdom of Kongo the term "nganga" was the name for a person who possessed the skill to communicate with the Other World, as well as divining the cause of illness, misfortune and social stress and preparing measures to address them, often by supernatural means but sometimes natural medicine as well.